Do you want to travel the world and get paid for it?

Sick of your 9 to 5 job and want to travel? 
Fascinated with the idea of seeing the world while earning a living or possibly obtaining a career? Fancy a shot at becoming a TEFL teacher?

If you answer yes to the majority of these questions then I’d quit your dull 9 to 5 office job, sign up to a TEFL course, and get your arse on a plane to whichever country you’re dreaming about.

·         Do you want to travel the world and earn a living?
·         Do you fancy trying something different and exciting?
·         Are you craving to see the world but can’t think of a secure way to do it?
·         Do you want to escape and be free from your country?
·       Are you planning a trip around the world, but are worrying about spending all your money in the first two months?
·         Would you like to meet people from different cultures?
·         Do you have a burning desire to live abroad, to really experience life?
·         Have you had enough of your boring life at home?
·         Would you like a job where you actually get job satisfaction?
·         Do you dream of seeing the world?

When I left England in 2003 I wanted to try teaching English abroad. I never expected it would turn into my career. I did a course, booked a flight to South America, and just went without any job prospects. It took me a while to find a job, but when I got my first opportunity the next one followed. In two years I taught in Ecuador, Brazil, Australia, and Thailand. TEFL changed my life and I’d recommend it to anyone who wants to really experience living abroad.

What’s the worst that can happen? You get to China and realize that the food isn’t really like it is down your local Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant. You turn up in Brazil and see that there is a rainy season too. You get to Ecuador and get mugged on your first night (like I did).

Who cares? There’s a whole world out there to explore. And the best thing is that the TEFL industry is booming; students need to learn English, academies and schools need teachers, you need a new life.

So what are you waiting for?

Why am I telling you this? Because I was the same eight years ago; I knew I wanted to travel but was unsure how I’d stay afloat (financially). The only teaching I’d done was help my little sister (who is also now a TEFL teacher) with her maths homework. I love teaching. I love living abroad. I’ve just got married to a Spanish woman, so I must be hooked.

All I’m saying is try it. Sign up for a demo or on-line course to get a feel for it. If you have an open mind and some patience then you can teach. You’re already an expert on your language; you just need to learn the rules.

I wouldn’t be writing this if I didn’t enjoy it. I used to do IT Recruitment, and I’ve never told anyone to try to get a job in that industry.

If you’re still in doubt then leave a comment or drop me a mail. I’d be happy to give you some advice. Good luck.

Labels: , , ,