This month's Top ESL posts

November was a mental month. I was getting my head round having a little baby boy, enjoying some quality family visits, and finishing off my DELTA module 3...sigh of biggest sighs. So I had to neglect Teaching English in a Foreign Land for a month. But now it's back. Here are some of the top TEFL posts that I've read recently.
China! Great places to teach English.
Photo by indoblitz
Ten places you can go with a TEFL
Just starting off in TEFL and pondering on whether you should take the plunge? Check out this post on the i-to-i TEFL blog about the tefl bucket list. I've only been to four of them...at the moment.

Teacher Interview
This interview on ELT experiences is a decent read. Martin Sketchley interviews Hugh Dellar about how he got into teaching, advice for new teachers, what makes the perfect learner, and more.

Hate Ryanair
The only reason that I'm glad I'm not going back to England this Christmas for the first time in 8 years is that I don't have to fly with Ryanair. Check out this useful extensive listening BBC Panorama video about why you should hate Ryanair, useful for students.

Pronunciation Lessons
This collection of pronunciation lessons on esl about is worth a ganders. There's a great one on intonation, which, after my DELTA, I am starting to realise makes all the difference for students.

Christmas Resources
Larry Ferlazzo has an excellent set of TEFL Christmas Resources, which he has just updated again.

Teaching in Thailand
Thinking of upping and leaving for Thailand in the new year? Check out this useful blog on Ajarn titled Thailand teaching stuff by Peter Clarke.

That's all for this month. Have a good one.

Labels: , , , , , ,